Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Conde Nast to close Modern Bride and Elegant Bride...

Yesterday, Conde Nast, on the advice of consulting firm McKinsey & Co., decided to close two of their wedding magazines - Modern Bride and Elegant Bride. (They also closed Gourmet magazine as well.) Brides, also a Conde Nast publication will continue to be published.

I spoke with someone at Brides who told me that Brides was first published over 75 years ago and has been a strong brand. Modern Bride and Elegant Bride were offshoots to service specific demographic segments. Brides Northern California will continue to be published. They're going back to the original brand and consolidating their readership. I also understand that Brides will become a monthly publication.

While I don't know the underlying numbers that lead to this decision, on the face of it, I can't fault them for the decision. It also means it's a couple fewer magazines for me to read.
-keaton

No comments:

Post a Comment